Friday, July 30, 2010

Home again Home again Gigity Gig

Well it's been a super week of visitors, nurses, ice water, percocet, nursing, catheter's, ice packs, leg massagers & more ice. Sheesh, I definitely needed the full 5 days...ouch! Listen to this... I noticed mid-week that I was in significantly more pain on the right side of my incision (where I had torn) and there was a strange white string sticking out of my incision, and I thought, oh no there is gauze sewn up in me, great! I showed the Doc & he assured me that when they took the staples out, it would go bye bye. So when Friday came & the RN removed them & the string was still there, she was freaking out. My Doc had left on vaca so his on-call Doc came and took a look at me. He was dumb founded for at least 10 minutes, then finally blurts out, I can't believe it...wow that is a nerve. A Pretty Freakin Good Reason for pain!!! He quickly cut it, which didn't feel awesome but I instantly felt relief. Baby Champ has been a sweet little boy all week in the hospital. I sent him to the nursery every night about Midnight & they would bring him back for his nursing appointment with me. When it was time to go home we got him all dressed in his 'I have arrived' onsie & put his skinny little bum in his new car seat & drove home as safely as possible. It was so exciting to walk in the front door a little family for the very 1st time! We got unpacked & introduced Champ to all the pups. They didn't want anything to do with him...funny! Baby got snuggled up in his awesome bassinet next to our bed & we took a much needed nap. We have the Real Salt Lake game tomorrow night & I'm hoping I can hobble my hurty body & baby to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment